Monday, February 27, 2012

Bye Bye Birdie

Bye Bye Birdie is the musical I watched this weekend. I have not seen this musical in a while but the good and bad thing about movies if you see it once it doesn't change. This musical is not my favorite I believe that the actors are use to the stage productions not movie productions. This movie is based on Elvis Presley and when he was enlisted to go to war.

Conrad Birdie is the biggest rock & roll star of the 60's ever to be drafted. Aspiring chemist and song writer Albert is convinced he can make his fortune and marry his girlfriend Rosie if he gets Conrad on the Ed Sullivan show to kiss a high school girl goodbye. Albert's mother will do anything to break him up with Rosie. Kim and Hugo, the high school steadies, live in Sweet Apple, Ohio where most of the action takes place.

This movie was directed by George Sidney and it starred Dick Van Dicke, Janet Leigh, and Ann Margret

5 comments:

  1. very informative(: It is much easier to read blogs that people are actually intrested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh...I never heard of this musical before. To be honest the only one that I heard about was "High School Musical"...lol and I think that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this musical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems vaguely familiar - I may have seen it a long time ago. Are the actors behaving differently than they should for a movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well for stage productions your facial expressions than in movie production.

      Delete